Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Aidan


Aidan really impressed me tonight at the pool.  A little boy was not really following the slide rules.  He was not taking turns and came down right after Carter a few times and knocked him off the end.  Aidan walked over to help Carter and as I was watching from a short distance I noticed Aidan talking to the little boy who was probably about 5.  The boy splashed Aidan right in the face.  Aidan took Carters hand, turned and started to walk away.  The little boy continued to follow, splashing.  Aidan just totally ignored him.  Aidan stayed calm and collected and was really looking out for Carter.  His maturity showed.  We talked on the way home and I told him I was really impressed how he handled the situation.  We talked about nice behavior… it was a really good learning lesson. 
Adam called me on Friday and said you will never believe this.  Oh geez, when it comes to Aidan, I get a little worried.  He is the one who pushes the rules.   We received a call from Utica and said Aidan scored exceptionally well on his Kindergarten testing and they wanted him to come in for more testing.  They have a new program they are testing for gifted kids.  I was floored.  I asked if they had the right kid.  Honestly I thought Aaron was a little more advanced.  Shows you what I know.  Anyhow Adam gave them the news before I even got home.  And here I was all worried about telling Aaron.  The only thing Aaron wanted to know was if Aidan got to ride the bus again like they did in camp kindergarten.  Oh, the worries of a 5 year old.
I am so proud of Aidan, but I will not push him AT ALL.  If he is totally bored in class that is one thing, but I want him to have fun… he has his whole life to learn.  

No comments: