Saturday, February 21, 2009

Carter, Carter, Carter

Oh baby Carter - our little wild child.  Carter's favorite places to be are anywhere he should not be.  As soon as he started walking at 11 months we always found him playing in the toilets.  You are probably thinking just put the lid down, but try telling that to 3 year old twins EVERY time they go to the bathroom.  I do have to admit, they are pretty good about putting the seat down now.  
In the past month or so Carter has really leaned to climb.  A few weeks ago before we go smart and started closing the bathroom doors, we constantly found him in the bathroom sink.  He would clim onto the toilet and then up into the sink.  He liked to empty the Dixi cups out one by one.  Shortly after he started the sink thing he added the kitchen table to his list.  One mornings I was getting things loaded in the car and I came in to find him sitting in the middle of the table
 with the boys milk pored everywhere.  
Earlier this week I caught him moving the foot cube to the basement gate.  That one really scared me - I had images in my head all day long.  That same night (before I out all the cub
es away) he fell off the other foot cube and landed smack on the base of the floor lamp.  I literally watched his forehead swell up.  He is such a tough little guy - he really did not even cry that long, and I know it hurt.  It is the biggest knot I have seen YET on any of the boys.  
And one last favorite place - the bunk beds.  The first time he climbed the ladder Adam was making breakfast and Aidan started calli
ng "Dad, Dad."  Adam went in to find Carter on the top bunk and Aidan said "Dad, I watched him climb all the way to the top."  Way to look at for him boys :-).  Now every time the boys wake up we have to take the ladder down.  And when we do forget he is on it, and it does not take long to hear his squeals of excitement when he sees it is down.  When you go get him down he just giggles - he thinks is so funny.  

No comments: