My heart is heavy tonight - my baby's passie is on it way out. I have been fighting Adam on this one for a while. 'I' was not ready for Carter to give up his passie. I know, I know... but he is the baby and I just don't want him to grow up. I have been using the excuse that I cannot afford a night without sleep - I have just been way to busy at work. But now that things have calmed down - I said today was the day. Adam had the nerve to say 'its about time' - it was not pretty - ha! Don't mess with me and my babies. Adam threw them away and told me he cut them up before he threw them out so I could not dig them out of the trash. I took a video clip and some photos, but i will have to post them later because it will make me to sad right now. We made it through nap with only a little fussing. He kept asking for passie, and we just played dumb. I just put him down for be and he looked long and hard for that passie. He looked his drawer, in his covers, under the bed. He called 'passieeeeee' as he looked long and hard for it. At one point something rattled under his covers when we were singing and he said 'oh, dare it is' - I said I don't think so bud, and he said 'oh, man'. Break my heart - poor little guy. He asked for it a few more time when I was walking out of his room, but I just told him I was not sure where it was. He is in bed as quiet as can be - such a trooper he is. Obviously this is way harder on me. Oh and for the record he was off a bottle at 12 months - I usually play it by the book :-).
2 comments:
i totally feel your pain!!!! jake is 16 months and still takes one. when he turned a year i was all ready to take it away and then i chickened out and now i don't want to!!! i can't believe i'm such a baby about it!! i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one! :)
I'm right there with you girls at almost 27 months. Cooper only takes it at night and nap, but I'm like you Jess, I just want my good nights sleep. And yes, Cooper was off the bottle by a year as well. Good luck, you are a braver woman than I am.
Post a Comment