We had a sick bunch of kids this Christmas. It was the first time all three boys have been sick at the same time. They had fevers and coughs that just seemed to hang on forever. One night everyone was sitting at the dinner table and I looked at all the sick little faces and I said ‘I never thought I would say this, but I miss my loud and crazy boys’. Carter was coughing so much Christmas Eve it made him vomit a few times – I felt so bad for the little guy. I think they had more Motrin over Christmas week than they have had in their entire life (we are not big medicine people). But we did not let it spoil our fun – I mean we wait all year for this day!!
Aidan and Aaron went though lots of catalogs and circled what they wanted, but by the time Christmas came around practically the whole catalog was circled. Sweet Aaron even circled stuff for the neighbor kids. Anyhow they really never told me exactly what they wanted. Then on Christmas Eve Aidan said ‘hey mom, I sure hope Santa brings me that Power Ranger Helmet.’ Well…. Santa did not have that for Aidan - so out I went on Christmas Eve for the Power Ranger helmet.
Santa’s big gift was the trampoline. I had this grand idea to put it together a few days before Christmas and keep all the back blinds closed until Christmas morning. I ‘THOUGHT’ I could pull it off. So two days before Christmas we hired a sitter, it was a nice warm day, and Adam and I left out the garage like we were really leaving. We snuck around to the back and had the trampoline up in about 2 hours. I made a great big bow – I could not wait to see their faces Christmas morning. Well about two hours after we got it up I heard Adam “NO, NO, NO, NO” followed by “wow, mom”. Yes, my plan did not go so well. They had opened the back door to let the cat in and saw it. I was just upset that I did not get to see their faces – that is the best part of Christmas for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment