Two stories in this one. Carter had been waking at night early last week. All he wanted was walked back to his room and tucked in. Side note – whatever Carter wants from mama – he gets. He just melts my heart even at 2AM. But as cute as he is, this night waking is not healthy for anyone. So by the third night after walking him to bed three times I was done. I told him he was dealing with a trained professional. I have been there-done-that and we could go all night. It does not bother me one bit to let him cry it out. So 20 min into the cry out session he is standing by the side of my bed and vomits. I scoop him up run to the bathroom… stepping on the vomit on the way. He is throwing up and I am lecturing a two year old that if he just would have stayed in bed we could have avoided all of this. I do believe the “what is said after midnight does not count” rule applies here – ha! The good news is he is back to sleeping all night.
Part two – I thought the Carter vomited because he was so worked up, but apparently we have a stomach bug at our house. Yes I know, not mommy of the year behavior – I feel pretty bad. Anyhow, Adam had to pick Aidan up from school early today because he vomited in the lunchroom. I was so worried he was embarrassed – not sure what age kids start getting embarrassed about this kind of stuff, but he seemed to be ok. Adam was giving me updates on Aidan by text while I was at work. When he complained I reminded him about the vomit between the toes a few night earlier. He was not getting any sympathy form me. Later here was the text I got
Adam: I hope u can never top what I just had to do. Aidan threw up in potty BUTT no pun intended, he blew s#*t, wet, liquid s#*t all over floor and wall. So puke and s#*t all over, nice combo.
Jess: No Daddy - I cannot top that one!!!
2 comments:
Wow, look at all your blogs! I don't think anyone can top that one, Adam should win an award.
btw- I think something is going around and has been for about 2 or 3 weeks now.
wow! that's all i have to say!
Post a Comment