Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Annie

I have to admit I am not the most spontaneous person.  I plan to a fault and I envy those who do not.  Needless to say surprises kill me.  But Adam and they boys managed to pull one off… probably the first time ever.  A few weeks ago I saw some weird charges on the check card.  Shoe carnival and JC Penney’s… not places we usually shop.  I told Adam I thought someone had got ahold of our check card.  He said “no, it was me and don’t ask any questions it is a surprise.  And I will really be upset if you make the boys tell you.”  Oh gosh… am I that bad?!?!?  Anyhow a few weeks went by and nothing.  Then one Sat I came home from Jazzercise and my mom was over.  I walked in and saw Adam, Aidan and Aaron all dressed up standing in the living room.  They told me we were going to see Annie – mom would stay with Carter.  I was so excited.  As I child I watched the movie Annie over and over again and I saw it years ago at Center t for the Arts.  They really pulled it off, but I was most impressed with the way the money was handled.  The JC Penney purchase was for black pin stripe pants, shirts, clip on ties and new black socks.  Shoe Carnival for new black dress shoes.  Dad did so great and they boys all looked so stinkin’ cute.   My big question was how he bought the tickets.  We don’t use our credit cards but I do have them in our files.  So Adam got one of the cards out that we never use and used it because he knew I would see the check card purchase.  He said he also had to get the statement out of the mail before I saw it.  That totally impressed me – way to go Dad.  Thanks to my all my boys for my big surprise!!! 
Aidan and Aaron after the show with some of the cast memebers
Our 'big' boys




2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

how fun!!! i was wanting to go to this!! i was in annie when i was in high school. how cool for your boys to surprise you!

Jami said...

The boys looks so handsome.