Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Carter's first day of Preschool


Last night when Carter went to bed he was Batman and he woke up this morning as Batman.  I was a little worried because he gets so into this role-playing.  Like this morning… Mom:  Cater what do you want for breakfast? Carter:  Batman wants muffins.  Mom:  Carter its time to get dressed.  Carter:  No, I Batman.  Anyhow we pulled up to preschool and I went to the door to get him out he said, “Mommy, I Carter.”  I am so glad to got his identity back before the first day. 

He was a little clingy when I dropped him off but he sat right down with the group and waved bye.   They were on the playground when I picked him up.  He was so excited to see me… he melts my heart.  He said “I play with friends.”  We talked about his day at bedtime.  I asked him if he wanted to go back to school tomorrow.  He said “I go play with friends”.  Followed by “Gurls (girls) gross”.  Gee, do you think he has older brothers.  Then he said, “You no gross mommy.”  Thanks Carter!

Oh and FYI - I did pretty good dropping him off.  Not too many tears, just the big throat bubble.  

No comments: