After lots of discussion, Puzzles, SIGS, Movie and the party list goes on... they decided to have a joint bowling birthday party. A co-worker recommended Rose Bowl just off Bardstown Rd. It was a non-smoking facility with reasonable prices and it was a laid back atmosphere. With the boys being in two different classes now it made the guest list a little more complicated. I would have loved to let them invite their whole class so they did not have to pick and choose, but that would have just been too many kids. So they invited their karate fiends, Cole and Luke (longtime preschool friends) and they each got to invite 5 kindergarten friends. Wow was that tough. I thought keeping it an all boy party would make the guest list simpler. Poor Aaron just loves some of the little girls in his class so this was a little harder for him. But it all worked out and we had one wild and crazy party with 15 boys in all.
What do you get with 15, 6-year-old boys?!?! Lots of energy, noise, excitement and even a few injuries. We had a busted lip from a bowling ball bouncing up... I know, figure that one out. And one set of smashed fingers. But we sent everyone home alive and well sugared up!
The party package included a real bowling pin for all the guest to sign - very cool! The boys got a ton, I mean a ton of Nerf stuff. It was like a dream come true for them. I could not walk a step or sit down on the couch without sitting/stepping on a Nerf bullet. I would sit down on the couch after I though I had them all picked up and one would be stick to a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment