Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Potty training

Well there is not much to write about this one, because it pretty much came and went.  Aidan and Aaron both trained pretty easily.  I was all ready at 2 1/2 and Dr. Harper, who I trust 100% said I was rushing it.  He is so laid back about things, he said it would happen when they are ready.  He was so right.  Aaron trained himself, on vacation non-the less, and Aidan was quick to follow.

With this in mind I had not really gave much thought to Carter' training.  He used the potty alot on his own because he wants to be just like his big brothers.  He had been pooping in the potty for a good 6 months before he turned three.  I can hardly remember changing a poopy diaper last summer.  Shortly after he started preschool at St. Paul the teachers said we did not need to send him in pull us because he was staying dry, even during nap.  I was telling this to Adam, thinking I would want more around his 3rd birthday.  Well Adam must have missed this part of the conversation (surprise, surprise).  The next day Adam called me after he picked Carter up and said he kept his underwear dry all day.  Say what?!?!?  He went to school in undies and I did not even know about it... tear ;-(.  Well so the story goes and we never looked back.  He has only ever had one accident and it was at school - poor guy.  He wanted nothing to do with pull-ups after he got those cool undies so he did not even wear them at night. 

Hush, hush about this one, but I would have kept him in diapers until he went to Kindergarten ;-).  Each milestone means the last baby is growing up.  I have really hung on to everything with Carter.  Remember we did not give the passie up until 2. 

No comments: