“While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”
Thursday, May 21, 2009
I know someday I will miss these days
I am writing this one for myself because I know someday when all the kids are out of this house I will be complaining of boredom. I am a total busy body and I am not happy if I don't have lots of things going on and lots on my 'to do' list. I did not think I could ever be too busy, but I think I hit my max these past few weeks. Then now do I have time to blog??? The kids are in bed, I am making myself get of my remote access to my work computer and I watching Law and Order and going to bed. So this week has gone something like this. We are having a big store closing sale at our Louisville Nursery (we did the same thing last year in the Sellersburg Nursery) and we are reopening as Nursery Liquidators. Check it out at www.NurseryOverstock.com. The sale starts this weekend. Week before last I placed a help wanted ad in the courier and put my email and cell as the contact. We all know what the job market is like - long story short after the first day the ad was in the paper I wanted to throw my cell phone across the room. And if I had one more person try to tell me they could sell plants just because they were an 'avid gardener' I wanted to, again, throw my phone across the room. Anyhow - after about 50 calls and 15 interviews later I have five new employees to train. I have to set up a new POS system that involved going to 4 different stores today, with the kids, looking for bar code scanners. Other errands on the list today - teachers gifts for the last day, new computer for the nursery, sink for the wet bar (another crazy thing I am trying to have built in the middle of all this), bank, office supply sore ... lets see I am sure I am missing some. This is also the last week of school for the boys and we had field day on Monday that we both volunteered to work and tomorrow is a little end of the year program. Still not sure about mine and the kids summer schedule, but I have the next three weeks covered - that is good enough for now. Jazzercise - got monitored on Wed and next week we are filming the TV show - fun, fun. We had Soccer on Tuesday and another game this Sat. I am on my own for that one, Adam will be at work. Only three more game to go - THANK GOODNESS. Will not be adding soccer coach to my resume. We hosted the Louisville Nursery Association meeting on Wed at the Louisville nursery. We had 80 people and I did not book the catering until the day before, but that's a whole other story in itself. I have sitters arranged for this weekend so I can teach Jazzercise Sat and Sun, work at the nursery and take mom out to dinner. Biggest task next to being a mom (which I know I cannot possibly be doing a good job at right now with all this going on) keeping up with my dad. Gee - wonder where I get it from - I love you dad. My dad is so excited about all the changes at the nursery. He is working at the nursery all day to get it ready for this weekend and then he goes home to work on the website and ads. I thought I was up late the other night when I worked until midnight, he worked until 2AM. I probably talk to him on the hour, every hour - sometimes up until 10 at night. I feel like we are both horses in the Derby racing for the finish line, which needs to get here like NOW. So the story goes, my way too busy life right now. I am thinking if I can just get to June 1 things will calm down. I REALLY wish July were here - FL and Disney here we come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment