Friday, May 8, 2009

So much for those lessons...

Last year the boys went through survival swimming lessons.  Check it out www.infantswim.com.  We spent 20 (10 min each) minutes every M-F for 7 weeks at the SIGS pool.  I am a total believer in the lessons and I plan to put Carter through the program soon. Anyhow, we were at my Dad's on Sunday for the annual Lamb Roast (I know - gross)  and the boys wanted to swim.  My sister was swimming with them and they were mostly hanging out in the hot tub.  Well at some point Aidan was in the pool and got out where he could not touch and he was in trouble.  I was standing right there I looked over to Michelle to see if she might spare me the plunge, but no such luck, I was closer than she was.  So in I went clothes and all.  My mom later asked me if Aidan was scared - no he was not - I did not give him a chance.  Really it seemed like I was standing there FOREVER to see if he could get his footing, but I obviously reacted right away. 
As for the lessons - had I given him 2 seconds he should have turned and floated - it is like a 94% retention rate.  But no mom and sit and watch the poor thing's eyes bug out of his head and not react.  

No comments: