Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Riding Lessons

Today was Aidan and Aaron's first riding lesson at Hunter Brook Farms. We were scheduled to start last week but after searching all over the city for kids riding boots, I ended up having to order them online. They were not going to be here in time so we had to push the lessons back a week. I took the boys this evening and Adam stayed home while the cabinet people finished up the wet bar we are having built in the basement.
The lessons were just wonderful and SOOOOO relaxing compared to soccer!!! I caught myself daydreaming of living in a big piece of land with enough room for horses. I always considered myself to be a 'neighborhood' type person, but maybe not???? Plus the older the boys get the louder my house gets, so if I was loosing my mind I could just run without out the neighbors thinking I was crazy - haha!
Back to the lessons. The boys got to ride about 15 minutes each. Aidan rode first while Aaron was cleaning poop out of the stalls - this is what he told me after the lesson. While Aaron was riding Aidan got to 'spread the fluffy stuff out for the horses so they would be cozy while the slept'. Seriously though - I do not think they quit talking and asking questions the entire 30 minutes. They went back talking, talked the entire time they were riding and came out still asking questions - that's my boys for ya! Of course everyone thought they were just so cute... we will see after a few more lessons - haha! I cannot wait for our next lesson I might even sign up for lessons too.

No comments: