Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Road Trip

Last Tuesday, which is normally my day off, I had to work for Adam because he totally lost his voice. Friday before that I lost my voice. Not a good thing when I had to teach Jazzercise the next three days in a row. Thank goodness for subs!!! Anyhow, I have been wanting to take a road trip to Indy. We went last year right after school got out and had just a wonderful time. So last Tuesday at about 3PM - it had been a really long day at work - I called Adam and told him to get the kids packed and ready we were going on a road trip. I called the hotel, the one with the indoor water park, and they were having a buy one night get the next night free special - BONUS!!! I headed home from work threw some things in a bag, dad had everyone ready to go and off we went. We got there at about 8PM leaving an hour at the water park that night. The next day we went to the children's museum and spent the day there. We headed back to the hotel for nap and after nap we spent the rest of the evening at the water park. This last minute trip is just what we all needed. I love my work and it allows me lots of time with the kids and the opportunities to do thing like this but sometimes we just have to get away. The last night there Adam took Carter back to the room for bed and I stayed with Aidan and Aaron. I sat on the side and just watched them and if I could have stayed there forever I would have. Those real belly laughs and the way they throw their head back when they laugh. Or how they will turn around and look for each other, spot them and just continue on. Aidan's ability to make friends with anyone and the way Aaron looks over a me every few minutes and smiles and waves. Life does not get any better than this!!!

No comments: