Thursday, November 12, 2009

Belt testing


The boys were eligible for belt testing at karate to move up to an orange belt.  In order to pass they have to be able to say their tiny tiger pledge, which they have been able to do for a while and they have to follow a black belt for a series of moves.  I spoke with the instructor after class one day and asked him is they were both totally ready.  He said Aidan was, but he was a little hesitant about Aaron.  Now I know they are never going to be the same, but I still think they are a little too young to understand if one of them passed and the other did not.  It was like when Aaron was not tall enough to ride the rides and Aidan was – it broke my heart.  Anyhow, we decided to wait until next belt testing so they would both be totally ready. I am sure we will be faced with a lot of these type situations as they grow up and we will deal with each as they come.  

No comments: