Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy belated birthday to my baby boy


Ok Carter I am going to freeze you in time because you are my baby and I need you to stay that way forever.  I think we have pretty much decided against no more kids so I really hanging on to my baby Carter.  He is so rotten and he knows he can get away with murder with me.  All he has to do is look at me and he melts my heart.  He still has a passie at night and he walks around with his stuffed giraffe and I think it is the cutest thing ever!!!  He is such a little peanut.  Only in the 10%, no complaints here.   
However he has the attitude of a 13 year old.  He sees his big brothers do all this stuff and he thinks he should be able to do the same.  He wants to drink out of a big cup, pick out his own food, pick out his clothes and shoes, pick out his own books, and pick out the movie he wants to watch.  Carter only cuddles on his clock.  At night the most rocking you can get in one book and one song, after that he hops down and takes the book and walks to bed.  Speaking of bed we are through the transition to the toddler bed.  We ended up putting the gate up at his door.  We had a few ‘cry it out’ nights, but it only took a few and our good sleeper is back.  We are older and wiser with this one.  He has started saying ‘hold me’, but usually only when he needs to be lifted up to get something – like a snack out of the cabinet.
He has started talking a lot now.  He even tells on his big brothers.  I cannot even think how to write what he calls him but it is the cutest thing ever.  He puts both of their names together and it is always garbled with a lot of other words.  When he wakes in the morning he stands at the gate and calls Mom, Dad and if we don’t answer quickly enough he starts to call for Aidan and Aaron.  For the most part we can understand what he is saying.  Last week he started answering “yes, no” to questions, instead of just yes or no.  You would say, Carter do you want some milk and he says, “yes, no”.  Not sure where he got this from, but it is pretty funny. 
I have to admit, we might be in trouble if we had two Carters.  He does things that the boy would never have known to do, but he just soaks in everything they do.  He moves the stool to the counter to get a snack.  He will move the laundry basket, turn it over and use it as a stool to get things that we try to keep out of his reach.  I have seen him hit, kick and push the boys.  He ALREDY says ‘no’ with an attitude.  Half the time he refuses to sit in the cart at the grocery because he wants to walk with Aidan and Aaron.  We do not go out to dinner much with all of them, because when Carter is done eating, that means it is time to go. I have to admit peaceful meals out are the one thing I miss.  I used to not think twice about taking Aidan and Aaron to a nice meal.  They would color, read, play with their toys and let us finish our meal.  Not Carter, he has to have food in front of him the second we sit down and when he is done he clears the table with his arm.  And a few meals he decided to scream, not cries, just very loud screams.  I think with the boys they just had all of our attention, so it worked out.   We went to Cracker Barrel the other night and all the kids got pancakes.  Our food came we had to cut all the pancakes up – two of us and three plates of pancakes – someone is always waiting.  So by the time we got everyone settled and started eating they were almost done.  You see we are outnumbered now – the logistics don’t work so smoothly now.  Long story short, we eat at home a lot more now – ha!!!

Happy Birthday baby boy – my little man – I love you so very, very much.  

No comments: