Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homework


Since kindergarten is just around the corner we decided we better step it up with the ‘homework’.  For the past couple week we have been working on flash cards at bed instead of reading some nights.  I CANNOT believe the improvement.  Honestly, Adam will work with them one night and the next night it amazes me at how much they picked up.  They can now identify all upper and lowercase letters and they are staring to put letters together to spell words.  Aidan spelled CAT today.  Aaron was a little behind, but they are both right on the letter identification.  Aidan can write his name and copy other words.  Aaron writes his name backwards.  It is really cute, and I am not stressed that he is a little behind.  Everyone learns at their own speed and I have to refrain for comparing them. 
Now that we have the letters down I bought number flash cards last week.  They picked these up quickly… they are my children (smile).  That is with one exception….  the number 15.  We must have counted 1-20 about 50 times the other night and both of them go 13, 14, 16, 17… EVERY single time.  We worked on it with flash cards and actually counting things and it just is not clicking.  It truly makes me appreciate teachers, because it is enough to make me go crazy. 
Aidan and Aaron still both ask LOTS of question, they always have.  It is really hard to tell yet how book smart they will be.  Adam and I are so different it will be interesting.  I am the analytical one – science and math all the way.  Adam is a big reader and he loves history and he retains information like I cannot believe.  Aidan is very ‘street smart’ and they way he builds you can see he is analytical.  And oh my Aaron, he sweetest thing ever but he is definitely the light hair child of the family.  Seriously he walks in to walls and falls for no reason at all.  And he always gets up with a big goofy smile on his face.  Aaron will cruise through life with his sweetness and charm.  

1 comment:

Jami said...

Wow, that's a lot of information, welcome back to the world of blogging.