I am officially 30. The day seemed to come and go. Adam and I had big plans to have a weekend getaway, but the logistics get a little too complicated. Plus, we have yet to both be away from the boys and we are both not totally ready for that yet. It always sounds goo, but when we start planning we always go to plan B. So plan B was just to go to Brown County for the day. We dropped the kids off at school and headed to Brown County for a day of shopping. Adam was such a trooper and went in almost every store with me. We got lots of Christmas shopping done and got some new decorations. We had a nice lunch, finished up shopping and headed to the outlets. We did not find much at the outlets, so we decided to head home to finish up the day with a nice dinner out. Well… so we thought. Our one-hour drive ended up taking three hours because a semi flipped and they closed the freeway. A parking lot of traffic, no cell service, and no dinner – I was a little disappointed. But when we got home they were still up and I got to kiss the loves of my life goodnight.
My night ended with lots of tears. Uncle Gary put together a slide show of about 50 photos of the boys since they were babies. I have pictures on the walls, but when you see those candid photos – where did my babies go???? Carter is still my little guy, but I don’t have to reach down anymore to hold the boys hand, and they are going to kindergarten next year. I really have to work on letting go.
Anyhow, we celebrated my birthday with cake and ice cream the next day. The boys were very concerned that we did not have cake, so Adam went out the next day to get one. Thanks to all my boys for making my day so special!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment