Sunday, March 22, 2009

A little competition is good for them

Today we were trying to get ready to go to the store. Dad had already left for work, I was getting Carter dressed and the boys were not cooperating. I called them into Carter's room and I said - OK, whoever gets dresses first gets a treat. All they had to hear was treat and they were off. I had to laugh at myself because one (of the many) books on twins specifically said avoid creating competition between the twins. Ha, well - you gotta do what you gotta do. I think I have done about 75% of the 'I would never' as a parent, but that is a whole other story.
Anyhow, the boys are off getting dressed I hear lots of yelling, like "I want to wear those and those are mine." Then I hear Aaron yelling at Aidan to quit taking his pants off. I yell at Aidan to pick a different pair. Aidan said "no, I want to win." Aidan was literally pulling Aaron's pants off so he would not win and screaming hysterically. Had to hold back the laughs while telling Aidan to get off Aaron. And if you are wondering who got the treat - both because I could not handle another meltdown.

No comments: