So I am starting to see an end to Aidan and Aaron's afternoon nap. For the past few week Aaron has been saying at nap that he is just going to rest, but not closes his eyes. And that is what he usually does. He will lay in bed as quiet as can be (he falls asleep about one out of two naps). Carter usually wakes up shortly after the boys go down, so I let Aaron up to play quietly. They told me a few months back that Aaron does not nap all that often at school.
Well.... the past few days Aidan has not been napping either. Today I went to check on them three different time and Aidan was playing in the corner of the room and he told me 'to get out of his room, he already went to sleep.' Mr. Attitude! Aaron just laid in bed like normal.
I am not ready for them to give up nap. That is kinda my regrouping/rest time. I could feel by the end of the day I was getting very short with the boys. I told them they could not skip nap anymore because it make mommy kind of a mean mommy, They both looked oat me shook their heads and said 'ok mommy.' They can make you loose your mind on minute and melt you heart the next.
And here I sit at the end of the day tired beyond belief glad the house is quiet, but I cannot wait to do it all again tomorrow. The boys put a smile on my face just thinking about them. The good, the bad, the loud, the moments I think I am going to loose my mind... I would not trade one of them for the world. Those boys are absolutely the joy of the life!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment