Monday, April 27, 2009

What a day

Well I don't think I would have got an A+ in the parenting department on Sunday.  Sunday's are usually our long days.  I am home with all the boys Tuesdays, Thursday, Saturdays and Sundays. Our only day off all together is Tuesday until school is out for the boys.  Thursdays are always fun - I am fresh and in need of mom and boys time, Saturdays are very busy and then comes Sundays.  This weekend Nan (Adam's mom) and Grandma came to visit.  We had lots of outside time, soccer game and lack of naps - it made for some tired boys.  While Carter was napping I needed to get some house work done so I let the neighbor boys come over.  The past few weeks I have been letting the boys play in our fenced backyard.  I leave the door open and open the windows in the back of the house so I can hear them.   Its funny because when I say 'boys' - they say 'we are ok mom'.  Anyhow I had a talk with the boys about playing with other kids.  They have to follow our rules even if the other kids do not, they cannot leave the yard, tell mommy if you hear potty words or if the other kids are not following our rules.  I thought I had it all covered.  Well.... here comes the one of the other boys telling me Aaron had taken his clothes off.  What?!?!?!?!? Sure enough there stood Aaron in under the deck in just underwear.  I lost it - I was just at a loss.  I told (screamed) him to go to his room and he was done playing for the rest of the day.  My mom called in the middle of this and I told her I had to call back.  I just did not understand what he was doing.  Its not like we walk around our house naked or anything - it was just really weird to me.  After all settled down Aidan and Aaron told me Aaron was being funny.  My mom thought since Aidan usually gets most of the attention from other kids - he just has that easygoing personality, Aaron found something that made the other kids think he was funny.  So...  that was not one I was prepared for.
Later that night we all went down to clean up the basement.  The boys were asked to clean up the beans (we have a tub of dry beans they like to play in with their diggers).  They were not helping and making a bigger mess.  I told them if they did not pick them up I was vacuuming them up and they were going in the trash.  Long story short after a long Sunday and too many empty threats - the beans went in the trash.  Yes - just close your eyes and picture the meltdown - it was ugly!

No comments: