I am on the flight home from Cancun and I feel like a kid waiting to wake upon Christmas morning. I am SOOOOOOO excited to see the boys, my heart hurts I miss them so much!!! Luckly we were able to SKYPE while I was here. Carter was front and center with the biggest grin on his face. The boys made my cry when they sang Old McDonald while we were SKYPING. I was not able to make outgoing calls on my phone, but my email, text and direct connect worked. Was not real excited to find out the direct connect worked because once work found out, the work free vaction ended.
Dad did a great job and survived the four days. I might be amending this post after I see the house – haha. Dad braved it and took the boys to Pizza King on Monday. I was surprised to hear that because he hates the pizza, but the boys just love to eat there and see the train bring the drinks. Yesterday the boys helped unload a truck – Adam said they had a blast. Carter ran around the nursery like he loves to do. Last night they went to Chucky Cheese. The boys and I were a little concerned about the nightly singing since dad does not like to sing. We had it all worked out Aidan was going to sing Aaron a song and vise versa. But then they told me dad ended up singing to them – what a good daddy!
The trip was nice, but the whole relaxing thing is just not in my nature. About an hour of sitting at the pool, I was about to jump out of my skin. We had an overnight flight out of Charlotte, so we got to Cancun really early Saturday. I was very surprised how smooth customs and all the transfer/transportation were. We were able to check into the hotel right when we got there, another bonus. We stayed at the Marriott and it was beautiful! I was really surprised how upscale Cancun was. I was there years ago with my dad and it is nothing like I remembered. On Monday we took a day trip to Isla Morales, a small island off Cancun. We spent the day there, eating, kayaking, shopping and we rented a golf cart to tour the Island. We had a nice dinner every night and the girls went to the Clubs a few nights… they did the Spring Break thing good. I joined them one night and that was enough for me. I had to show them their big sister was not ‘that old’ – they were proud and we had a great time!!! It was nice bonding time with my sister, and she really showed her balance. She knows how to have fun, but she is very responsible - I am very proud of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment