Monday, August 17, 2009

Potty time

It was not that hard to figure out when they boys were ready to start using the potty. Around 18 months we introduced the potty seat/ring. Every time the boys got in the bath they peed. So we got smart and put them on the potty before they got in the tub and they got used to going in the potty. They did not actually fully train until they were 3. Of course Carter had to have a style of his own. The other day I walked into the bathroom and Adam was holding Carter on the potty. What was all this about – why was I not notified we were working on using the potty??? So that night we HAD to go to Target to get a potty seat. There are some things that are just not meant to be handed down – ha. We tried for the unisex Sesame Street, but Carter insisted on the PINK Dora one. So Dora it was. Let me tell you – he loves the thing. I think I must put that thing away 10 times a day – I know that is so gross that he plays with it. Anyhow as you can see he has quite and audience the first few times he sat on it.

After this first potty trip he wanted nothing to do with putting his diaper back on. He hopped off the potty after about 10 VERY LONG minutes in the bathroom with all those people. He walked into the boy’s room and I saw him opening drawers. He finally found what he was looking for – a pair of the boys undies. He came running over handed them to me and laid down so I could put them on him. He was SO mad when I told him he needed a diaper on. After a while of bare butt I convinced him to put the undies over the diaper – see the photo.



2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

we did that with sam at first bc he insisted on wearing them too! so funny!!! maybe he'll be super easy for you!! :)

Jami said...

Oh Jess... that pic of him on the Dora potty is going to be handy some day. Priceless.