Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Much to Dad's disliking we headed down to the waterfront for fireworks. I had been raining all day and Dad is not into getting wet. Kinda funny because I would rather be wet from rain than wet from sweat - like at Jazzercise, and Adam would rather been hot than wet from rain like was all day at work. Anyhow, we went last year and really enjoyed it and the boys have been talking about seeing fireworks for the past two weeks. They say 'how many more beds until fireworks?' We went to dinner and got down to the waterfront at about 9:00. The boys got light sticks and Carter got a light up necklace and I got Greaters (yes they had it there!!!). We got a great spot, laid trash bags down then our blanket - we were ready. While we were waiting for them to start AIdan said 'mom, can I go ask those kids to play.' The played freeze tag with these kids - I think that was the best part for them. Just as the fireworks started here came the rain. This was right after I did a 'told you so' to Adam that it was a good thing we did not stay home because of the rain. Foot in mouth. It was not too bad - the boys and I sat on the blanket and stayed under a golf umbrella, Cater stayed in his stroller and Adam had an umbrella. I had a 'freeze in time' moment during the fire works. Aaron was in my lap and Aidan reached over and gave me the biggest hug for no reason at all (this is unusual for Aidan). Fireworks and my boys - life is good!!! I peeked around the umbrella a few times at Carter and he was just staring up at the fireworks. Poor thing was so tired - but he is not one to miss out on anything.

No comments: